Adjustment of Status

Permanent Resident Card

Adjustment of status is the process of applying for lawful permanent residence in the United States.  The ‘adjustment’ that occurs is the switch from temporary immigration status to permanent.  The adjustment of status process can result in a green card without the need to return to your home country.

To speak with an immigration expert, call the Law Offices of Scott Warmuth today at 888-517-9888.

How to Complete an Adjustment of Status Procedure

The Law Offices of Scott Warmuth will help you provide the documentation needed to successfully obtain a green card. There are several steps immigrants must take to successfully adjust status.

Determine Eligibility

Only eligible immigrants will be able to perform an adjustment of status. The vast majority of immigrants must meet the following eligibility requirements:

  • You are eligible to receive a green card.
  • For family immigration and employment immigration, you have an approved visa petition, with a current priority date (if applicable).
  • For K-1 fiancé visa holders, you must have married within 90 days of entering the United States.
  • You entered the country on a valid visa.
  • You are physically present in the United States.

Complete and submit Form I-485

Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status needs to be completed and filed with the appropriate USCIS office. Any mistakes or omissions can cause delays or rejections.

Interview and submit biometrics

The majority of applicants requesting an adjustment of status will require an interview with the USCIS. If required, applicants may also need to provide biometric data, including fingerprints.

Receive a decision

A decision on your adjustment of status request will be mailed to you.

Speak to an Immigration Lawyer Today!

Since 1984 the Law Offices of Scott Warmuth has been helping immigrants live and work legally in the United States by offering expert legal advice.  Our caring immigration attorneys provide legal help customized to every client’s individual needs. Whether help is needed to receive a green cardtemporary visa, or citizenship, our immigration advocates can help you meet your goals.

Request a free consultation today – Call 888-517-9888!

Statue Of Liberty