EB-2 Visa with National Interest Waiver (EB-2C)

Non-Immigrant Visa

Immigrants pursuing an EB-2 visa with a national interest waiver must demonstrate exceptional ability in business, the arts, or the sciences.  EB-2C applicants do not require an employer to sponsor their visa, but they must demonstrate that it is in the national interest of the United States that they work permanently in the country.

Spouses (E-21 visa) and children under the age of 21 (E-22 visa) of EB-2 visa holders are allowed to reside in the United States.

The Law Offices of Scott Warmuth offers free consultation for immigrants seeking an EB-2 visa. Call us today at 888-517-9888.

EB-2C Guidelines

Immigrants applying for an EB-2C visa with national interest waiver are allowed to self-petition, meaning they do not require a job offer to move to the United States. Applicants are required to demonstrate ‘exceptional ability’ in business, the arts, or the sciences. The exceptional ability requirement can be met by satisfying three of the following criteria:

  • Possession of an official academic record showing that you have received education in your area of exceptional ability
  • Documentation of at least 10 years of full-time experience in your occupation
  • Can produce a license to practice your profession or certification for your profession
  • Evidence that you have commanded a salary that demonstrates your exceptional ability
  • Membership in an applicable professional association
  • Recognition for your achievements and significant contributions to your industry or field
  • Other comparable evidence of eligibility is also acceptable.

A national interest waiver is granted to individuals whose employment in the U.S. would greatly benefit the country. Specific jobs that meet this requirement are not clearly defined and are examined on a case by case basis. Standards for issuing a national interest waiver have changed over time.

The Law Offices of Scott Warmuth can help you determine if an EB-2 visa with national interest waiver is a possible option to live and work in the United States.

Speak to an EB-2(C) Visa Attorney!

The Law Offices of Scott Warmuth has been helping immigrants live and work in the United States since 1984.  Our experienced immigration lawyers provide comprehensive help to our clients designed to achieve their immigration goals.  Whether looking for a green card, a temporary visa, or citizenship, our immigration team can help you achieve your goals.

Schedule a free immigration consultation – Call 888-517-9888!