M-1 Visa for Foreign Vocational Students
The M-1 visa is a student visa available to international students seeking a vocational or nonacademic education in the United States.
For a free M-1 visa immigration consultation, contact the Law Offices of Scott Warmuth at 888-517-9888.
M-1 Visa Guidelines
M-1 visas, known as the vocational student visa, allow foreign students pursuing vocational educations to attend approved schools in the United States.
M-1 Visa Qualification
Applicants for an M-1 vocational student visa must meet the following qualifications:
- Enrolled in a vocational educational program
- The school enrolled in is approved by the Student and Exchange Visitors Program run by the Department of Homeland Security
- Enrolled ‘full-time’
- Already proficient in English or taking English proficiency classes
- Ability to self-support during the full length of the vocational program
- Have a residence abroad that you intend to return to
Working on a Vocational Student Visa
Students with an M-1 visa are allowed to engage in practical training after they have completed their studies. Any off-campus employment must be related to the area of study and needs to be authorized by the U.S. government.
Speak to an M-1 Visa Attorney!
Since 1984, the Law Offices of Scott Warmuth has been helping students attend school in the United States. Our experienced vocational student visa lawyers provide customized legal guidance with the goal of providing a successful immigration outcome.
Speak with one of our immigration experts today!