E 2 Treaty Investors

Slide background

Los Angeles Immigration Lawyer

E-2 Treaty Investor Visa

E-2 Treaty Investors Attorney

The United States has long been a hot bed for foreign investments. Foreign nationals who wish to invest in a U.S. business may do so through the E-2 non-immigrant classification also known as the E-2 Treaty Investor Visa. Qualifying nationals must be from countries in which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation.

Call Toll FREE 1-888-517-9888

Certain employees of a treaty investor may also qualify under the E-2 classification. Spouses and children of a treaty investor or their employee may accompany them into the United States as an E-2 dependent.

A treaty investor who is currently residing in the United States in a lawful non-immigrant status may request a change of status to E-2 classification by filing form I-129. The treaty trader may also file form I-129 on behalf of an employee that is also in the United States in a lawful non immigrant status.

Los Angeles Immigration Attorneys

Guidelines and requirements to qualify for an E-2 visa differs for each unique circumstance. Contact our Los Angeles immigration lawyers to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss in detail your E-2 Treaty Investor Visa needs. Call Toll FREE 1-888-517-9888.

Qualifications of a Treaty Investor

The treaty investor must:

  • Be a national of a country which has a treaty agreement with the United States.
  • Have provided substantial investments in an U.S business either in the past or in the process of doing so.
  • Plan to establish or maintain an investment enterprise where the investor has at least 50 percent ownership.

Qualification of an Employee of a Treaty Investor

An employee of a treaty investor must:

  • Be the same nationality of the Treaty Trader.
  • Employed in an executive or supervisory position or in a position with special qualifications.

Contacting a E-2 Treaty Investor Attorney

For experienced counsel and representation in obtaining an E-2 visa contact the Law Offices of Scott Warmuth, A Professional Corporation, today. Our visa attorneys provide a free initial consultation that will help determine your immigration needs. Call Toll FREE 1-888-517-9888.

Do you have questions?


We are available by phone, email and contact form to answer any of your questions.

Contact Us Today


USCIS forms can be complicated to understand.  Our experienced Los Angeles Immigration Attorney are available to answer your questions.

Go to Forms

USCIS Processing Times

The USCIS usually processes cases in the order they are received.  Working with an experienced Immigration Attorney will ensure your case will be processed in a timely manner.

Processing Times..