K 1 Fiance Visas

Slide background

Los Angeles Immigration Attorney

Fiance Visa Lawyer

Los Angeles Immigration Lawyers

A fiance visa allows U.S. citizens to bring a foreign national fiance living abroad to the United States to marry.

Family Immigration Attorney

At the Law Offices of Scott Warmuth, we are dedicated to reunite loved ones with their family members. We can assist you in your application for a K-1 fiance visa as well as K-2, K-3 and K-4 type visas.

Visas for Children, Spouses, Siblings and Parents

If your fiance(e) is already residing legally in the United States or you plan to marry a foreign national outside the United States, then you do not need to file for a finace visa. Call our firm to speak to a knowledgeable immigration lawyer so that we can answer any questions you may have regarding your situation. Call toll FREE 888-500-2081.

Eligibility Requirements for Fiance(e) Visas.

To successfully petition for a fiance visa, you must demonstrate that:

  • You are a U.S. citizen
  • You intend to marry winthin 90 days of your fiance arrival into the United States
  • You and your fiance are both legally able to marry
  • You must have met each other at least once in person within 2 years of filing your petition. There are two exception where a waiver is required.
    1. If the requirement violates either of your foreign culture or social practice
    2. If the requirement would result in extreme hardship to you

After you recieve the Fiance Visa

The K-1 nonimmigrant visa allows your fiance to enter the United States for 90 days. You must marry within 90 days of your fiance arriving in the United States otherwise the fiance visa will expire. Once you are married, your spouse may apply for permanent residence and remain in the United States while the application is processed by the USCIS.

Does Your Fiance have Children?

A K-2 nonimmigrant visa may be available to your fiances children, they must be unmarried and under the age of 21. The names of your fiances children must be included on your Form I-129F.

Immigration Assistance in Southern California

Contact us today for a FREE consultation so that one of our experienced Family Immigration Attorneys can explain in very simple terms so that you may understand this complex process.

Do you have questions?


We are available by phone, email and contact form to answer any of your questions.

Contact Us Today


USCIS forms can be complicated to understand.  Our experienced Los Angeles Immigration Attorney are available to answer your questions.

Go to Forms

USCIS Processing Times

The USCIS usually processes cases in the order they are received.  Working with an experienced Immigration Attorney will ensure your case will be processed in a timely manner.

Processing Times..