Family Visa Lawyer
Family Immigration Attorneys
U.S. citizens may petition for certain family members to receive a green card based on their relationship. This process can be complex, so to insure there are no delays it would be in your best interest to seek the advice of an experienced immigration lawyer.
Los Angeles Immigration Attorney
At the Law Offices of Scott Warmuth, we are dedicated to reunite loved ones with their family members. Our extensive knowledge of the immigration process and wealth of experience has helped the family members of U.S. citizens obtain visas.
Visas for Children, Spouses, Siblings and Parents
You may file an application through either the Immediate Relateives (IR) category or one of the preference categories listed below.
Your family member does not need to wait in line for a visa if you are a U.S. citizen. Immediate relatives include:
- Spouses of U.S. citizens
- Unmarried children under 21 of U.S. citizens
- Parents of U.S. citizens. The petitioner must be 21 or older
For non immediate relatives the U.S. immigration authorities maintain a priority or preference system that proceeds in the following order:
- First Preference: Unmarried children (21 or older) of U.S. citizens.
- Second Preference 2A: Spouses of permanent legal residents, their unmarried children (under 21).
Second Preference 2B: Unmarried children (21 and older) of permanent residents.
- Third Preference: Married children (any age) of U.S. citizens.
- Fourth Preference: Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens.
Only the first, third and fourth preference categories apply to U.S. citizens and their family members.
Immigration Assistance in Southern California
Contact us today for a FREE consultation so that one of our experienced Family Immigration Attorneys can explain in very simple terms so that you may understand this complex process.