Family Immigrant Visa
Los Angeles Family Immigrant Visa Attorney
Our extensive legal work with the Chinese-American community has enabled us to help many people reunite with family members. As a result, we have extensive experience helping U.S. citizens secure green cards for spouses, children, brothers, sisters and parents living in other countries. Please contact us to discuss your unique situation and needs.
Visas for Children, Spouses, Siblings and Parents
You may file an application through either the Immediate Relateives (IR) category or one of the preference categories listed below.
Your family member does not need to wait in line for a visa if you are a U.S. citizen. Immediate relatives include:
- Spouses of U.S. citizens
- Unmarried children under 21 of U.S. citizens
- Parents of U.S. citizens. The petitioner must be 21 or older
For non immediate relatives the U.S. immigration authorities maintain a priority or preference system that proceeds in the following order:
- Unmarried children (21 or older) of U.S. citizens.
- 2A–Spouses of permanent legal residents, their unmarried children (under 21).
2B–Unmarried children (21 and older) of permanent residents.
- Married children (any age) of U.S. citizens.
- Brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens.