National Interest Waivers
Los Angeles Immigration Attorney EB-2 Visa
National Interest Waivers are for those Aliens requesting that the Labor Certification be waived because it is in the interest of the United States. This employment based visa falls under the EB-2 preference category and does not require sponsorship from an employer. The petitioner may file directly with USCIS along with their Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker.
National Interest Waiver Criteria
You must demonstrate that it is in the national interest that you work permanently in the United States and you must also meet at least three of the criteria listed below:
- An official academic record showing you have a degree, diploma, certificate or similar award from a college, university, school or other institution of learning relating to the area of exceptional ability
- Letters documenting at least 10 years of full-time experience in the occupation being sought
- A license to practice the profession or certification for a particular profession or occupation
- Evidence that you have commanded a salary or other remuneration for services which demonstrates exceptional ability
- Membership in professional associations
- Recognition for achievement and significant contributions to the industry or field by your peers, government entities, professional or business organizations
Call Toll FREE 1-888-517-9888
Contact our Southern California offices today to schedule a free case evaluation to discuss your immigration law needs with a knowledgeable immigration lawyer.